A. An early retiree is a person who begins drawing retirement benefits from STRS prior to age 65.
B. The District agrees to pay medical and dental insurance benefits subsequent to early retirement on a sliding scale based upon the age of the certificated employee at retirement as follows:
1. Retired employees who have been continuously employed within the Lemon Grove School District for a period of ten (10) years or fifteen (15) years, depending on the Insurance Benefit Option selected in B.2., shall be entitled to have the District pay the retired employee's medical, dental, and vision insurance premium costs on the appropriate scale as noted below. Once an option has been selected, the retiree may not change to another option.
2. Retirees shall select one of the insurance benefit options for which they are eligible as listed below:
INSURANCE BENEFIT OPTION I
Available to employees who retire between the ages of 55 and 64 with 10 or more years
of service in LGSD.
Age at Retirement (Last Day of Work)
Provided to age 65.
With 10 Years or More Service in LGSD Until Age 65 – Health Benefits Provided Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
Available to employees who retire between the ages of 55 and 60 with 15 years of more service in LGSD. Provided to age 70.
With 15 Years or More Service in LGSD
|Age at Retirement Until Age 70
Last Day of Work
|Heath Benefits Provided
Medical / Dental / Vision Plans
C. Additional Benefit Provisions
- When District paid benefits end, a retiree may choose to remain in a group coverage held by th
- Eligibility of retirees and dependents shall be covered by the rules and regulations of the insurance carrier(s) and the retiree shall be expected to perform all acts necessary on the certificated employee's part to meet any such rules and regulations.
- The retired certificated employee shall select coverage from the medical benefit plan(s) available in the District and shall remain eligible for the listed percentage of District contribution for whatever District medical benefit plan(s) are available during the employee's retirement benefit period, not to exceed the greater premium paid to any HMO offered by the District.
- The retiring certificated employee shall have the option after retirement of paying the premiums for dependents who are eligible for coverage under the rules and regulations of the insurance carrier(s).
- Employees eligible for retirement benefits shall be a retiree employed during the term of this contract, or subsequent contracts containing benefits as one of its provisions.
D. Retirees residing outside Insurance Carrier(s) service areas.
- Retirees who move outside the coverage area of the District’s carrier(s) shall receive either (1) cash payments equal to what the district would have paid on their behalf for insurance if they had remained in the coverage area or (2) reimbursement for insurance purchased outside the coverage area, which ever is less.
- If the district is making cash payments to the retiree under this provision, the retiree must annually submit evidence acceptable to the District to show medical insurance payments were made to cover the retiree (not including dependents).